Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tobi and Livvy's Room-


The first thing I did to the girl's room was to cut out a bunch of paper butterflies from construction paper. To make my template so that they would be even all I did was fold a piece of construction paper in half and then, from the creased corner and out I drew one half of the butterfly so that when I cut it out (still folded) and opened it it would be symmetrical. I used three styles all together, I don't know if you can tell. The tiny white butterflies are all the same and the colors differ between two styles- a thin elegant looking butterfly and a big full butterfly. Then, all I did was use tape to attach them to the wall.




My girls both have the same initials. I did not do this on purpose but it's turned out to be pretty convenient for me. I decided I wanted to hang some yarn wrapped letters in those initials ORS. I also decided to use cardboard. Because it's free. The yarn was left over from other projects and I used the three colors that the girls loved the best; a very light pink, purple (which you'll recognize from the throw I made for Brandon), and white. First I grabbed an empty diaper box and broke it down, making it a flat piece of cardboard, then I cut out my letters- freehand, like so:

That's little Olivia's hand trying to grab the S
Then, after the kids went to bed, I set to wrapping the yarn around the letters, which took a lot longer than I originally thought- I won't be doing that again in the near future. When I created the bows to hang them from I tried to alternate the colors so that the hangers weren't the same color as the letter they were attached to. So what do you guys think? Follow and comment please!

Snickers trying to get in on the action!
UPDATE- I've done more to the girls' bedroom, if you want to see it, it can be found in a newer post here

My Inspiration, and some for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment