Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Moving Update


I hope everyone is doing well. I've just been so busy, the house is starting to become a mess with me running around trying to get every thing done and take care of problems as they arise. I've made homemade oxi-clean, laundry detergent, and fabric softener. I've also started our compost pile! That's all in one night. Not to mention all the laundry I've got done today. I also got out my scrub stick and the trusty toilet bowl cleaner and cleaned the tub. I'd have taken before and after pictures but that would have been embarrassing. In case you didn't know, a scrub stick is a small stick of pumice (a rock like material for cleaning and sloughing off dead skin) that you can use to scrub off the most stubborn stains. The best part about a scrub stick is that it doesn't scratch up the surfaces like other abrasives would. You can purchase one for less than two dollars at walmart, and I highly suggest you do.

After I finished that I started the job of re-caulking the tub. The old caulk was coming apart and looked gross. I can't have my babies bathing in that. Ugh. I say started because I ran out of sealant about half way through. I'm definitely gonna get more tomorrow. Don't worry about getting the recipes for the cleaners- I'm going to be posting those over the next couple of days.

I've had several people comment to me about my blog (but never on it?) wondering how I have the time to do this. Well, believe it or not, I do organize my time pretty well and at night I do have an hour or two to myself. As I start and finish projects I always snap pictures with my iPhone. I have a blogger app on there as well so I always have another project to upload. When I have that free time (about every other night) I already know what I'm going to post about and I'll sit and write it. It doesn't take long to write out several short blog posts. I'll post one or two and then save the others as drafts. Currently I have about  14 drafts saved, waiting to be finished or published. Nine of those drafts are completely finished. That way when I have no time at all, I can pick one and post in under five minutes.

The kids are doing well, spoiled as ever. Bubba's speech is improving by leaps and bounds every day. Livvy is repeating everything she hears. Admittedly, that's not always good around this mommy. Tobi is still a princess, she's going through the "why?" stage where every. single. sentence. she says begins and ends with "why?". Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's not. I just keep telling myself it will pass and I keep trying to find ways to beat her at that game :D. Snickers is getting big, she started baying at me the other night. I'm still not exactly sure what she wanted but she sure was cute. I'll try to get a video of her doing it to post up so every one can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment