Saturday, February 9, 2013

Borax crystals

Just showing you guys some pictures of the borax crystals I made using the recipe I was talking about not long ago. I'm going to hang mine on my Christmas tree like icicles :D Here's the recipe again!

The solution for these is 3 TBS of borax per cup of boiling water. I tied pieces of yarn to a bamboo skewer to make these but you can also cut up pipe cleaners to shape like a snow flake. I didn't, but you can also add a few drops of food coloring to color them! They're a great science project for the kids, really easy too. Just dissolve your borax and put into container. Some people use glass jars, I used a big pan I have. Hang whatever you made to be coated in the crystal on a bamboo skewer like me, or any kind of stick and dip down into the water. You'll start to see crystals in just a few hours, though the longer you wait the more they'll grow. They're very pretty!



No comments:

Post a Comment