Friday, February 1, 2013

AMAZING Glass Top Stove Cleaner!

I would like to announce that tonight I have encountered another cleaning miracle. When I embarked on this project I did not expect it to work as well as it did. We have a glass cooktop stove. Every single glass cooktop I have ever seen eventually gets ugly. There's something about the glass that slowly builds up ugly crusty looking black rings around each of the hot spots. These rings are nearly impossible to get rid of. There are lots of stovetop cleaners out there that claim to be made just for this. Those cleaners are expensive and they never fully rid the glass of those ugly rings. Here's what mine looked like.

bottom left- burner 1
bottom right- burner 2











top right- burner 3
top left- burner 4












Yeah, it was pretty greasy too, due to those circles. Every time I clean it this is what it looks like till it dries, I'm suspicious that they're composed of all sorts of gross stuff, grease, burnt on food, etc. I've tried baking soda and vinegar, all sorts of cleaners and a small razor blade to scrape this stuff off before. It just doesn't come off. I've been able to minimize it but never make it look new again. Till now. This is what they look like now.


bottom left- burner 1
bottom right- burner 2











top right- burner 3
top left - burner 4










That's an amazing change if you can't tell. The circles are completely gone. They still had a little water and cleaning residue on them, but they look one hundred percent better. It's absolutely amazing. Here's what I used. A scrub stick, or scouring stick to scrub off the glass. Now, a scouring or scrub stick is just a stick of pumice or stone. They're sold at Walmart in the cleaning aisle for close to 2$ a piece. I have used them for several things, like porcelain, without scratching or scuffing anything- they're very very gentle. Here's what mine looked like after the first few minutes of scrubbing.



Gross, right? Ugh. Still, it just ate the circles right off. All in all the whole project took about twenty minutes. Just use water to keep the cooktop wet, hold the bar at an angle and start rubbing. It's amazing how well it works. Of course, included in my twenty minutes was cleaning what I could off with my homemade all purpose cleaner first, then spraying down with water and scrubbing. There was also quite a bit of time spent polishing the clean glass up with a felt cloth I have to make it look extra pretty. We shall see if the boys notice or not. By the way, the coils underneath the glass that heat it up are actually very pretty when clean. One more time:



bottom left burner 1 BEFORE
bottom left burner 1 AFTER




            AWESOME!!!!







1 comment: